Rémi Bourget joined our firm in 2009 as a legal counsel. Hen then became an associate in 2014. Whether before the courts, during negotiations or transactions, Mr. Bourget vigorously defends his clients’ interests in complex cases. Mr. Bourget has experience in large-scale litigation, often in the focus of media attention.
Practicing in civil and commercial litigation, Mr. Bourget has expertise in real estate law, construction law, civil and professional liability, as well as a human right and constitutional law. Outside of the courts, Mr. Bourget supports and assists clients in business negotiations and transactions and offers corporate structure advice. An involved citizen and a firm believer in justice, Mr., Bourget has also been championing the respect of fundamental rights for years.
Mr. Bourget works regularly in the media to disseminate notions of law in plain language. He has been a columnist in magazines such as Urbania and Balle Courbe, as well as a collaborator the judicial news program Isabelle Richer. In his spare time, Mr. Bourget is a big fan of hockey. His hobbies also include reading, writing, outdoor activities and renovations.
Areas of Expertise (others)
Civil and Professional liability
IMPLICATIONS ET HONNEURS
- Administrator of the Ali et les Princes.sses de la rue organisation (2019-2020)
- Member of the executive committee relève philanthropique de la Fondation du Musée Pointe-à-Callière (2017-2019)
- Participant at the Gala de boxe de 12 rounds d’espoir pour les princes de la rue, August 23rd, 2017
- Recipient of the Top 20 in Diversity from Médias Mosaïque 2015
- President and founder, Québec inclusif (2013-2015)
- Blogger, Faits et Causes (2011-2015)
- Recipient of the Community Relations prize by the Canadian Muslam Forum on November 28 2014
- Member of the Board of Directors, Force Jeunesse (2011-2013)
- Contributor, Le Pigeon dissident (2007-2008)
- Chairman of the Board (2005-2006), Member of the Board of Directors (2006-2007), Café Culturel de la Chasse-Galerie (2005-2007)
- Member of the Board of Directors, COOP-UQAM (2003-2004)
- Desk Editor, Section Politics and Society, Le Phoros, Student Journal of Vieux-Montréal College (2001-2002)
- President, AGECVM, Student Union of Vieux-Montréal College (2000-2001)