Celina Toia is an attorney in Gattuso Bourget Mazzone’s Litigation department.
Prior to joining our firm, Celina worked at a top-tier Canadian criminal law firm where she amassed experience in disciplinary law, human rights law, financial crime law and penal law. Throughout her legal studies, Celina specialized in International Public Law, International Private Law and European Law. She studied abroad at the Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis in France, obtained a certificate attesting to her study of the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) at the Università degli Studi di Milano and obtained a certificate in International Criminal Law and its impact on corporate responsibility at the National University of Ireland in Galway. During her law degree, Celina worked as a research assistant to Me Philippe Fortin in International Commercial Law.
Celina’s practice focuses primarily on matters relating to international law, disciplinary law, administrative law, employment law, human rights law and she counsels clients on any penal issues related to a file.
IMPLICATIONS ET HONNEURS
- International Criminal Court Summer School Scholarship issued by the National University of Ireland (2017)
- Montreal United Nations Conference – International Court of Justice Division – Outstanding Delegate Award (2016)
- Interamerican Moot Court Competition – First Place English Orator and Semi-Finalist Team (2015)
- CIBPA Student Bursary for Student Excellence (2011)
- Lieutenant Governor’s Award for Student Excellence (2009)